Monday, December 1, 2014

https://soundcloud.com/dreemy/tuesday-07-06-pm

I often feel grief      Like an eighth and final continent    An island set to tropical time.
It is a place held away from self,    With short and brittle correspondence    Of letters in jars    on another man’s dime 
 they speak another language here    and unfamiliar farce of words      soft like (my) beds     it’s a bitter dance of syllables      spoken slow and steady like a dirge is read 


My Idling archipelago    Rambles like a train of mismatched Thoughts,    Only ever in halves     for wholes this place      has only lost 
I feel it like a dragging and a pulling     farther and farther down      and when I lie awake at night        sometimes I think that I’ll never come round 



and when it’s grief surrounding me it’s oh so faint     like god twiddling his thumbs      the witching hour supposedly has come too late           for any damage to be done 

and though I have loved you as a thief          I’ll tell you love like this is only sold        and you cannot fend off the grief          it’s drained me of my grace and made me full 

No comments:

Post a Comment