Monday, December 1, 2014

https://soundcloud.com/dreemy/ambien

somewhere between dim witted and sleeping 
I have lain awake for days 
to counter missing hours
so vacant and often crazed 
the whole seemed to distance at first
I aligned myself with the sun 
the path altered by consequence like bullets change a gun 
so half life, spirit blithe, valued like a hunting knife
so I get gone, the feelings wrong, here’s my letter to the world for whom I only long

I see you read by the light of stained glass
weighed down by words a cry for help 
which man brought you to your knees 
and you laughed so hard he wouldn’t let you out 
he who reigns among us will keep us idle thoughts at bay 
let this serve as a reminder, do not kid yourself and never pray 

here’s my letter to the world to which I don’t belong 


No comments:

Post a Comment