Sunday, November 11, 2012

love necessity,

love peace, love beauty
hate the word
for it is merely an utterance,
an unthing.
and who are we to create in way of words with intangible lines?
If I made a likeness of your face with
"oh"s and "ehem"s and "erm"s
would you hear the same face I see?
and if you were to coat my face in words,
same as phlegm or saliva,
could you cast a mask
to marry my countenance to this book?
could you
would you
surprise me?

I have scoured my thesaurus a hundred times
in search of you
so faint, like god twiddling his thumbs.
I have, so many a time,
brazenly plunged to the depths of my alphabet soup
only to find a crumb of you
canoodling in deep sea caverns with spoonerisms,
synecdoche,
and mainstream mediators of mental masturbation.

But if you were there
when my voice ran out,
I did not hear you calling.

I did not print commitment,
i signed it with a dizzying script,
an illeggibile roundabout of little nooses.

But if you were there,
I didn't see you speak
I only watched you walk away

No comments:

Post a Comment